Hey Glow Gang!
This week’s newsletter is a bit different than usual. Shorter. I’ve rounded up 6 good news stories feat. women of colour, minus the usual discussion on a couple of big news stories. No feature interview this week.
I’m sick 😷 Covid finally got me! I’ve spent most of this week laying in bed or on the couch watching Netflix all day. Resting my mind and body as much as possible. But I didn’t want to ghost you. So, here’s a mini Glowreel newsletter for this week. We’ll (hopefully) be back to our regular programming next week 🤞🏽
Let's get glowing
P.S. Don’t forget to use our referrals program (linked at the bottom of this email) to share Glowreel with your friends, and win cool rewards while you’re at it!
News Of The Week
6 Good News Stories From This Week 📰
- Brittney Griner is heading home! She’s been released after spending 9 months in jail in Russia. Read more here.
- The women of Iran, Michelle Yeoh and Blackpink. Meet TIME’s 100 most influential people of 2022. Read more here.
- Sephora Accelerate - Class of 2023 has been announced. The incubator program works with BIPOC beauty and wellness entrepreneurs. Read more here.
- Girls That Invest. Simran Kaur shares why making investing accessible to women is so important. Read more here.
- Welcome to the Antigravity Academy. Launched by Kelly Marie Tran and her husband, the production company will develop and produce content from and about people from historically excluded communities. Read more here.
- Lizzo, the people’s champion. ICYMI, Lizzo was awarded the People’s Champion Award. Being the true champion that she is, Lizzo used her acceptance speech to amplify the names and work of 17 incredible activists who are driving change. Read more here. Watch it here.
What we’re loving this week:
Watch - Wednesday. Jenna Ortega + The Adams Family. What more is there to say?!
Shop - Support BIPOC women owned businesses this holiday season. Our 2022 gift guide has you covered, with something for every budget!
Mahala: supporting women of colour to take up more space in arts, culture and entrepreneurship!
Founded by Priyanka Kaur, the Mahala gift box is thoughtfully curated, handmade in Australia and packed with ethically sourced products.
The Mahala gift box includes products ranging from premium masala chai, vegan spice mix, coconut chocolate, candles, confectionary and more. Each box supports a minimum of seven small businesses led by women of colour.
Mahala also donates 30% of profits to the Australian South Asian Centre. Support Mahala and help drive social change!
When you take care of yourself, you’re a better person for others. When you feel good about yourself, you treat others better.
Nominate A Shoutout
Tell us about someone doing cool shit.
It can be you, your friends or family or someone else you know. Whether you’ve just started a book club, are creating artistic makeup looks for fun, or are doing some research and want to hear from women of colour. We want to share thing cool things you’re doing with a community shoutout!
Please send your nominations to email@example.com or DM us on our socials :)
If you love what Glowreel represents, please follow us on your favourite social media, and share with your friends and family!